Sunday 3 May 2009

Ta daaaaah!

Check out our new fruit cage! I asked James to build one for us a couple of months ago. It took about 5 hours to put up, the weather was glorious, we both got proper farmer tans! Each panel comes off so we can get inside and its really sturdy. I wasn't expecting anything nearly this fancy but its great, it'll last for years. Am really looking forward to having loads of fruit, we've got 10 raspberry canes, two redcurrant bushes, one white currant bush and one black currant bush in the cage.
I made nettle quiche the other day, it was delicious but if I made it again, I'd definitely put more nettles in.


1 comment:

Aoife said...

That is impressive! I hope you have a big freezer!

Have you ever made nettle beer? It's delicious! I can send you a recipe if you like!