Wednesday 7 May 2008

27 degrees!!!!






Popped up the the lottie this evening for a couple of hours.... on a weekday....and 27 degrees. Which was fab til I realised the water butt was empty!!!! Anyway, it was still gorgeous, did a couple of hours digging (sadly the fork we unearthed on the bank holiday did not survive!)

There were only two other allotmenteers up there so it was nice and quiet and I listened to the lovely Eddie Mair on me portable radio - an allotment essential if you ask me (that's if anyone is still awake!!??)  

Dug round the rhubarb, sat and enjoyed the late evening sunshine and dug up some potatoes kindly left by the previous allotment holder (thank you whoever you are). I can't tell you how much I am loving the allotment - well, I could but you already asleep!

No comments: