Sunday 10 August 2008

Heavy rain brings abundance....and weeds!





Seamus and I popped up the lottie in the rain this Saturday to get some goodies for us tea. Good grief it's amazing what a lot of rain can do. Everything is just blooming. Gathered broad beans, runner beans, peas, beetroot, potatoes, salad, courgettes, chard, parsley, radishes and rhubarb. I can't quite believe that we have managed to grow so much in such a short space of time....it's only been 4 months!

The sweetcorn is firming up and the squash/pumpkin/whatever it is is almost the size of a beachball! Even tho the sunflowers went in very late they are really coming on. Am off to Scotland this week and am taking some of our produce up for Mum and Dad to savour. It turns out my paternal grandad, who I never met, loved growing vegetables in his garden in Glasgow, so maybe I get my love of it from him!

Can't wait to see what it all looks like when I get back!


No comments: