Friday 1 August 2008

Mini harvest


I haven't been to the allotment for a week and when I arrived today I couldn't believe my eyes. We have beans, courgettes, big fat peppery radishes, cucumbers and a pumpkin that has grown from a golf ball size to a small football in 7 days!


I picked some beans, they were small but I go away on Sunday for 2 weeks and I wanted to taste them before I left. They were delicious. 
I got another yellow courgette from Shelley, and gave her some rhubarb as we still have loads.
I watered everything well and did some weeding, and dug up some potatoes. Some of the peas have given up, probably haven't had enough water, but that's fine because we can take them out and use the space for something else.
Last weekend we took up the carpet from a section of Shelley's plot that she's giving us. I'll take a photo tomorrow and post it. We'll probably put our winter and spring veg there when it arrives.
I made a delicious rhubarb and blackberry crumble tonight, it was so tasty and a gorgeous colour. This is all that was left....

No comments: