Monday 22 June 2009

I love sweetpeas

I adore sweetpeas, they're my favourite flower and they remind me of my dad as he always grew them when I was young. I bought some seed at last year's Chelsea Flower show, the important things were the colour and the scent. They had to smell like proper old-school sweetpeas. And they certainly delivered on both fronts! I started them off in the late autumn last year. The plants on my roof terrace are now about 7 foot tall and producing so many beautiful blooms. We have some at the allotment too. Stunning.
On another note I bought some seed in a half price sale, mostly winter veg - kale, sprouting broccoli and some savoy cabbage. The seedlings are just poking through now. I'll plant them out at the allotment once they're bigger we've got some space!

No comments: